Wednesday, July 30, 2008

 
Yesterday Benny and I were driving down a fairly busy road and spotted this little gal running down the sidewalk:
I managed to catch her, she is fast! And she was nervous, so she bit me! Ouch! I still took her anyways! We knocked on a few doors and nobody recognized her. I had to go to a haircut, so I dropped Benny and "Eve" off at my mom's house for a few hours. We called the pound and let them know we had her. After dinner and a PTA meeting, we headed back to her neighborhood to post some "found" signs. Right when we turned in there was a "LOST" sign posted, and of course it was her! She was too sweet to be gone un-noticed! We quickly reunited her with her people, who actually turned out to be dog-watching her for their son's girlfriend who was away...Oh man, wouldn't that suck to tell your friend you lost their dog?
I turned around to head back to the car, only to see that poor little Benny was just in tears, so heartbroken. So sad. Even me, who tries to hide emotion - my heart was in. my. throat. We quickly asked if we could say a proper goodbye to "Sage". Of course they were happy to let us do that, and they saw Benny's tears and said come back and visit her any time.
We got him back in the car and he cried and cried and cried. So horrible. We finally took him to Target and bought him a new Star Wars toy and then to Burger King for a cheeseburger (at 9:30 p.m....). We just couldn't figure out how to take away the sadness he was feeling. Ugh.
What a sweet boy we have.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]